Supplier of the Month
We are proud to use Packington’s to supply our Pork. They are passionate about provenance, and sustainable and ethical farming. These values drive their work to create an environmentally sound and welfare-orientated farm. Their fields have grass margins around them, to protect hedgerows and encourage a safe environment for ecosystems to flourish.
Packington pigs are given large green and lush pastures to roam and time to mature. The sows live their whole lives outside with plenty of space to roam, wallow and be sociable. When the piglets are weaned, they are moved into large outdoor paddocks. Here the piglets have the benefit of well bedded, cosy tents, while still being able to run around outside.This is not only best for the animals’ welfare, it also results in first class meat. A fact which has earned them numerous industry awards and also recommendations from celebrity chefs such as ‘The Hairy Bikers’
Their outdoor reared pigs are RSPCA Freedom Food accredited and Packington Free Range have been awarded a Good Chicken and Good Pig Award from Compassion in World Farming. A happy pig is a healthy pig!
Each week Claire is busy making new ready-meal dishes which will be available freshly made from our freezer.
- Our dishes are all homemade using our shop’s highest quality products.
- We never add preservatives or additives to our food and we use sustainable local products wherever possible.
- We pride ourselves on choosing recyclable containers and packaging.
- You will be able to pre-order to either collect in our shop or we can deliver
- Dishes available serve 1 or 2.
- We also cater to larger numbers. Click on our made-to-order icon, choose which dish you would like; how many for; when you would like to collect and we will do the rest!
Mark Burrows is the 4th generation butcher in the family business.
He has worked in the shop for over 30 years having started at the age of 16. He prides himself in selling high-quality, sustainably farmed meats and cheeses. He is proud to continue the artisan tradition of hand-made sausages, many of which have won awards.
Mark’s homemade sausage rolls and pork pies also take some beating.